September goals - How did I do?

Sunday, 7 October 2012

As I mentioned in my previous post - I am serial goal maker but not accomplisher. I could write lists for hours but probably not be proactive enough to act on any of them. I very much dislike this trait of mine but hey, all I can do is try to change it.

Nevertheless, here are the results of my goals for September. I'd say they were half successful.

1. Lose 7lb by the end of September 
This was always going to be a bit ambitious and I am pleased to say that even though I have not lost the 7lb, I have indeed lost 4lb which is something at least!

2. Get off and on the tube one stop earlier every day
 I have stuck to this in the morning every day. I much prefer getting off a stop earlier and definitely feel better with a 20 minute walk before work every morning. With regards to after work, well.....it's usually the "just want to get home with no delay" or "i'm going to the gym anyway" excuse.

3.  Try to eat 1200 calories a day (more added with exercise)
The "half successful" thing really comes into it's own here, as I'd say i've done this for about half the days out of this month. I have although, been going to the gym reguarly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what can we take from this? I have crappy motivation and willpower but the little determination I do have is able to create a little bit of weight loss.

Here's to getting better every month, and in honour of that here a few of my favourite motivational quotes from the procrastinator's dream website - Pinterest.

(*)
(*)
(*)
All images found on Pinterest


9 comments:

  1. 1lb a week loss is still good! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, anything is good haha, thanks!

      Delete
  2. Where have I been?! I didn't realise you had a blog! Love it though, pics are ace and be super proud of 4lbs - I'm in the minus and working off a holiday gain, megabad times xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha i've not had it for long, nice to have somewhere to pour creative skills into though! And thanks! :D xx

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the weight loss - it's better to lose it gradually!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog and I am loving your style! this is a lovely post, some of these quotes are so inspirational!
    Happy to be your newest follower!! xx
    Alice Barton ♥ The Mow Way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes I love inspirational quotes, I find they really help, especially if i'm feeling down :)

      Delete
  5. nothing better than a good quote :) nice post
    - ordaining serendipity

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it & read them all!