Resolutions

Friday, 11 January 2013

I always make New Year's resolutions. Any time is a good time to set a goal, but New Year seems to instil a feeling of a new beginning, a fresh start in people. I have tried to think of realistic resolutions. One of mine last year was to properly once and for all stop biting my nails which to my surprise I actually achieved. I now love having longer nails and have suddenly found solace in this new world of nail varnishes that I could never partake in before (not that my bank balance is thanking me). It gives me a bit of motivation that I might this year be able to complete more resolutions too.

Here are my resolutions for 2013;


I'll look like this at the end of 2013, yeah? (*)
1. Lose weight

I know what you're thinking. The big, obvious, everyone-says-it resolution. If you know me, you'll know that's it's a particular favourite of mine. I have been aiming for this for a long while. It doesn't hurt to still put it as a resolution, even if I have failed a few times before. I'd like to think 2013 could actually be my year to get down to the weight I want to be, healthily. I have no time for stupid diets, most are unhealthy anyway. I have been known to do the odd week or so of Atkins to give myself a boost now and again but in the end I think they are pointless, unhealthy and ultimately lead to weight gain. I need to make more use of my gym membership (I'd love to aim for a workout every other day, or at least 3 times a week) and just be healthier in general. I like healthy food, I just also really like junk food too. Sadly not one of those people who "naturally" don't like junk food. WHO ARE THOSE PEOPLE?! Anyway, not sure if I will post updates regarding my quest for a smaller me on here as it's a bit too personal and probably to be honest a bit embarrassing when I inevitably fail. Even though I could literally ramble on for hours on this subject. BUT we can hope.



(*)
2. Read a new book a month

I love reading. I don't spend as nearly as enough time doing it as I should or would like to. This is mostly down to me. I need to lose the phone/laptop/TV for a few nights and dedicate myself to books. I am currently reading The Hobbit and 1984 and have about 4545347868 I want to read, but lets just aim for one a month for now.



3. Be positive & avoid negativity

I suffer with quite bad anxiety. I think the proper name is "generalised anxiety disorder" but it's a little scary to accept. I definitely have good and bad weeks. So far this year, it has been a lot less apparent and on the good side. A few months before Christmas though, it was awful. I don't particularly want to go into detail, but it was mind-consuming, panic attack inducing and just plain miserable. There is no obvious reason and it's taken me a long time to actually come to terms with the fact that I have a problem but i'd like this year to be as anxiety free as it can be. Being positive definitely helps and I find websites like Tiny Buddha help to clear my mind. It sounds a litte silly but simple things like reading the news online or being around a negative person can really have an effect. So this year I am trying to be as postiive as I can to be anxiety and worry free or sans souci!

4. Blog & write more

I really love blogging as a creative outlet and i'd like to blog more consistently throughout 2013. As well as sharing my photography, i'd like to write more and cover all different aspects of my life, interests and anything and everything that I do. I still only want to blog when I want to, it's a hobby and I don't want it to became a chore! Hopefully i'll find my own blogging pace.

15 comments:

  1. Wonderful resolutions - all quite similar to my own! Well done on breaking the nail biting habit - that's been a resolution of mine for the past 5 years and I've never quite managed it. Maybe this year?!

    Good luck with yours!

    partyatgatsbys.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh yes you can do it, good luck! I'm so happy I stopped, my hands actually look nice now and no painful fingers.

      Thanks! xxx

      Delete
  2. Great goals...mine are pretty similar!

    franleanne.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - good luck with yours! xx

      Delete
  3. Great resolutions I love reading about peoples resolutions and why they make certain ones!
    Carlee

    Almost Endearing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome goals! I too also want to start reading more books, I have an amazon wishlist full! haha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - yes me too, I have a ridiculous list that keeps growing and growing! xx

      Delete
  5. great! mine are similar!!!
    :)

    have a nice weekend!

    http://seleneoverthepond.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to lose weight too. Great goals! :)

    sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hej, just came across your blog and I really really like it! I love your goals, I agree for the loosing weight one, it's so much more important to generally eat better, then you're allowed junk food every now and again and it'll taste even better for it, plus you'll feel better in general, rather than just loose weight for a little while.
    I want to read more too, and I've actually managed over the last couple of weeks. I've been working late because I'm in exam period, but reading at night really helps me to tune out :)
    And sorry to keep writing on but for your goal concerning being more positive and reducing anxiety, we just had a module at uni about "improving ourselves" and reducing anxiety was part of this and something that I found really interesting. Have you tried practicing mindfulness? I think that can help with positive thinking and ultimatively anxiety :)
    Have a nice sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for this comment - I have looked into mindfulness before, I have a few podcasts and books, need to invest more time in things like that as I am sure it would help too. :) xxx

      Delete
  8. Great post! :)

    I love your blog, do you want to follow each other?
    Jade xx

    www.fairytalekiss.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it & read them all!