Hello 2014

Tuesday, 14 January 2014

(*)
As always, I hope to blog a bit more this year. I was ill over Christmas and generally felt a bit down with life, therefore creative motivation was in small supply. I relish a fresh start, so the New Year is helping to boost my mood and I genuinely enjoy January as a month. It's usually healthier, (and even more so for me this year, as I am attempting "dry january") and a clean slate approach clears my mind and forces me to think about goals and aims for the year ahead.

This year I want to focus on a change in my mental health. There are a few other changes I want to make in my life but all of them will be affected by how I think and what goes on inside that brain of mine. I have mentioned my anxiety on this blog before and it takes centre stage when I think about how generally happy I am day to day. I have low self-esteem and constantly worry about everything. It's exhausting trying to push unwanted thoughts and worries out of your head everyday. I also self-criticise a lot, and can't seem to get out of a cycle of doing so. It's time for me to face these issues head on, otherwise I feel like I am never going to completely enjoy life. It feels weird writing these personal thought on a public blog (albeit one with a very small readership) but I find it tremendously therapeutic.

I have seen a therapist (as far as my purse stretched), and even though it did help tremendously, there is a lot I personally want to focus on too. I use Tiny Buddha almost daily, and I find the articles very calming. Rosie's post on change completely summed up my own feelings for the New Year. I felt like someone had looked inside my brain! It's comforting to know other people feel the same as you. I have carried around The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle in my handbag for quite a while now, after it was recommend to me by a close friend a few years ago.

Here's to 2014 and striving for a clearer mind, positivity, and a change in my mental outlook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it & read them all!